Thursday 4 September 2008

Week 9, Day 45

Today was our final day in the water. As we prepared all the equipment aboard 'Air Diver 2' I knew this was the final stages of my long journey, or should our journey as my family have had to cope with my absence. I really miss them and can't wait to be with them. My first Scuba dive was to 27 meters and involved cutting through a steel pipe. The second dive was the exact same but to 30 meters, the maximum depth legally allowed on Scuba equipment. In between both dives one of the other divers came to the surface unconscious. Seeing this we quickly pulled him out of the water, got his diving gear off and put him on oxygen to which the instructor yelled 'End of exercise'. This 'set-up' was to see how well we would cope in a panic / emergency situation. Following this episode we went ashore and did the final exam which was 50 multiple choice questions. Luckily I passed the exam (96%) and am now a newly qualified Commercial Diver.

No comments: