Sunday 31 August 2008

All things come to an end

As my last week of training comes to an end I have mixed feelings. In a way it feels like I am back at University and it is the last week of term before graduation after which you will need to face the world. What do you do? Oh crap, Reality check! Laggan Dam
I look forward to the challenges of working offshore and seeing the world but I also miss my family and wish I could be sharing my experiences with them. Fort William has not been heaven of earth nor has it been a place I would recommend someone to come and stay at for more than let’s say… one hour. At the same time however, it has became part of my routine for the past 9 weeks and I have faced a lot of personal challenges (which I still face until the end of next week).
Cairngorms National Park
The trips back and forth to Aberdeen, taking different routs, and discovering Scotland’s landscape have been an eye opener and an eye closer as the four hours each way have been tiresome. I never will get the chance to do them again in the same way nor would I want to without my family which I miss everyday more and more. View of part of Cairngorms National Park

2 comments:

Aprille - The Muddled said...

wow the sky was just beautiful that day wasn't it?!

Interesting the paths our lives takes us on, or rather God leads us on. Even more interesting is when we don't know which direction that path leads us.

We will be praying for the four of you on this new leg of the journey!

Ken said...

I know you are excited about finishing your training. So are we! Hang in there and get home soon.
Your f.i.l.