Thursday 21 August 2008

Week 7, Day 35

Today in Scuba we had two dives during which we had to know our life signals. During the first dive we had to find a clap that was thrown into the water and we were guided to the location. During the second dive (which was an assessment dive) we had to find a washer half the size of a credit card. This might seem easy but I had to search through a 'Forrest' of kelp and the sea bed was littered with small rocks and pieces of steel pipe. As I looked beneath the kelp the seabed would stir up and limit my visibility. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack and it took me 40 minutes to find. It is crazy to think, but after so much time looking for a silly washer you get a buzz when you find it. Finally I passed my Surface Supply exam that I took yesterday.

No comments: