Saturday 5 July 2008

Travel

Today was a busy day... I started yesterday at 6:30am when I finished cleaning the house and packing the car. I have to admit that I am quite good at packing but even I struggled to fit everything into the car. Both the back of the car and the passengers side was full (all the way to the roof). I left Hertford at 5:00pm and took 2 detours to avoid traffic jams on the A10 and M1 near London. Then, near Birmingham on the M6 there was an accident. Lucky enough I took the A50 to the M6 and avoided that junction completely. Would you believe if I told you that there was another accident at junction 18 on the M6. I travelled 4 miles in two hours! If God had a plan to make me get home late... he definitely succeeded. After 11 hours driving I finally arrived at Aberdeen and at 4:30am this morning went to bed. At 8:30 I got up and began helping my father unload my car and sort through everything before we finally put our belongings into storage. I then hoovered and washed the car. Despite feeling tired, I still feel sorry for my wife who I know is not feeling well and is looking after our two children. No matter how much work one can do, looking after children is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the hardest job in the world. Although I try to comfort her and tell her how much I miss her and wish to be with her, sometimes actions are the only way to show love. I hope you will read this Rach and realise how much I miss you and the kids and how much I appreciate all you do for Noah and Chloe. I know you think that I am enjoying life here in the UK, but truth is that no matter where I am, without you and the kids, it will never be the ideal place. This is a short term plan for us to have a family home. I feel like I am letting you down and God knows I am trying my best .... I just hope you can understand. Loving you lots


2 comments:

Crystal's Elite Dance Studio said...

you made me cry again!! stop all the mushiness!! ;)

~Christy~

Rachel said...

So let's see some pictures of this place!