Sunday 13 July 2008

The Weekend

This weekend I went back to Aberdeen to pick up some stuff from my parents (divers gloves, bees wax for the diver suit, extension cable, and get a package ready for my ‘darling lover’ AKA my wife) To spice up the journey I took a different route to the Underwater Centre through the back roads of Scotland. It was an experience. The flora is so different and I never realized how mountainous it was going to be. While I was driving I saw this sign and had to stop to take a picture…


Yes.. this is the way to ‘Lost’

Further on I began going up some road that were so steep I hade to drive in second gear as the car was struggling to cope. This picture gives you an idea of the mountain roads (Mr Sumner .. this would not be for you!): As I continued I saw a group of people and a large granite rock.. As I pulled over I saw this amazing view of the whole area. The rock really says it al and below is a picture of the view! Finally as I was arriving I passed a loch with a Castle here it is. This place is absolutely beautiful and hopefully one day soon I will be able to show my family.
And for all of you who cannot see... here is a closer view of the castle through some trees



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michal!! Chris and I like your blog, it's very interesting! The area you're in looks beautiful! I think Chris is jealous but he is clastrophobic (hope I spelled that right). There is no way he could do your job. We hope to see you soon! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michal,
Trust you to have the middle bed!
I will have to be diplomatic so I will refrain from the expected comments. Where's you teddy bear? I did not see your POOH BEAR in the picture. Michal please take my advice !!! - wear your safety armbands when you are in the water, oh don't forget your yellow rubber duck.
Give us a bell soon !

Rachel said...

Yay, Chris and Erika found your blog! I love the lost sign. It looks like such a beautiful drive. Someday we'll do it together.

And by the way, your birthday present is bought. I'm feeling quite accomplished.