Friday 25 July 2008

Week 3, Day 15 - Evening Dive

Last night we had our evening dive and even though I was a bit wary about diving in pitch darkness it turned out to be one of our best dives. Instead of doing all the rescues we ended up surveying a sunken Tug Boat that was next to an Armored Car.
The dive took up to a depth of 70 feet and we had to light glow sticks to certain items all the way down.
Immediately I thought of my wife and the movie ‘White Chicks’ when the black guy called Latrell takes some ecstasy tablets by mistake and starts dancing with glow sticks in his hand. Very weird! Surprisingly there was a lot of life in the sea at night and the lights seemed to attract a lot of fishes and crabs.
Although there was very little visibility (in some cases not even my own hand) I felt very safe and because we had 20 minutes of survey time it felt more like a sports dive. Overall two thumbs up!!

2 comments:

Aprille - The Muddled said...

I thought it sounded like fun when you said what you were doing. Glad it turned out as such!! you got to go exploring!

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at you! Glad you enjoyed it.

And so why do I have to comment on all your blogs but you don't for mine?!