Thursday 31 July 2008

Week 4, Day 20

Today we had our third theory exam on surface decompression. The exam only had 10 questions but they were quite tricky... luckily I managed to pass without a lot study. After this we made our way down to the barge and after getting set-up we did a wreck survey. This involved a 20 meter swim underwater (fully dressed) to a depth of 75 feet. It may sound easy but on the way some of the lead weights fell out of my belt and I became too buoyant. This made it very hard to me to get to the wreck as each time I pulled on my umbilical I began to float. After 10minutes I finally got there and was absolutely shattered. I also began to feel a bit dizzy so I opened by bailout to clear the mask of any C02. When we got back to the surface it was a quick undress, into the chamber, blown down to 40 feet and breathe oxygen for 7minutes. A very tiring dive but we finished early and I had time to go into town and sort out some tax and car papers.

No comments: