Monday 7 July 2008

Arrival at The Underwater Centre

Yesterday I arrived at the Underwater Centre. From Aberdeen it took roughly four hours but the trip was very nice. The scenery was beautiful: mountains, lochs, castles… exactly what Scotland is all about.


I was amazed to find a loch with white sand and perfectly clear water.

However, if you are planning to come, make sure you fill up your car as there are not many petrol stations on the way. The Centre itself is nothing magnificent and at first glance looks horrible. Inside the rooms are like student dorms but credit must be given to the cleanliness. Everything is spotless. The guys I am sharing with are great. There is a large amount of foreign people from all walks of life. We are having a great laugh as there is nothing much more to do. The room is spacious enough for the three of us and we each have our own wardrobe. The bathroom, on the other hand is very small but I'll take a clean bathroom over big one.


At the same time we are lucky with our room as it overlooks the loch. If we are lucky we will wake up every morning to this.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

I can't believe how small that room is! Which bed is yours? Hopefully not the awkward middle one? Nice view though.

Michal said...

In fact the middle bed is my one. I was the last one to arrive so I did not get a choice. I am lucky to have two nice (and clean) room mates.